Have you considered any last-minute planning options if your company has a 31 December 2022 year-end date?
It is not too late to consider your options. For example:
- Expenditure on qualifying plant or other equipment may qualify for the super-deduction capital allowance. This would allow you to write off 130% of cost against your profits for 2022 if the purchase was completed before 31 December 2022.
- Which is the best option, to take 2022 bonuses before or after 31 December 2022?
- If you are expecting profits to reduce in the first quarter of 2023, perhaps making a loss in this period, would it reduce your corporation tax bill if you extended your accounting date to 31 March 2023, and use the first quarter losses earlier?
- Have you prepared a budget for 2023?
- Have you updated any business exit plans?
These options are the tip of the planning iceberg. Please call so we can decide if there are any options available before the 31 December deadline.
2023 is likely to be a challenging year with a projected recession, continuing high inflation and upward pressure on interest rates.
Make sure you don’t miss out. Take time out to consider your options now.